CPCCBC4051A Supervise Asbestos Removal Training
Why complete the Supervisor course?
Under the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007 licensed Asbestos Removalists must appoint one or more supervisors to oversee removal work.
This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to supervise the removal process for friable and non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM). The unit includes planning for and supervising the removal process, including preparing the work area and the work site, using safe and compliant removal practices, maintaining safety procedures, and supervising the decontamination and removal processes.
Ensuring compliance with the asbestos removal control plan (ARCP) is central to the effective performance of the role. This includes ensuring and documenting that required air monitoring and other testing and certification processes are conducted by licensed asbestos assessors according to legislation.
Exposure to asbestos can cause a range of debilitating medical conditions affecting the respiratory system, including mesothelioma, asbestosis and lung cancer. Many asbestos-related conditions are life threatening or associated with a marked reduction in life expectancy
Students completing this course will receive a nationally recognized certificate of competency.
Who should take this course?
- employers and self-employed persons carrying out limited permitted asbestos removal work
- licensed asbestos removalists
- persons who have commissioned asbestos removal work
- persons who have management or control of workplaces where
- asbestos removal work is carried out
- employees and their health and safety representatives (HSRs) who are involved in carrying out asbestos removal work.
- You must hold the CPCCDE3014A – Remove non-friable asbestos.
- All participants must hold CPCCOHS1001A - 'Work safely in the construction industry' obtained after 11 May 2009 or the CPCCWHS1001 - 'Prepare to work safely in the construction industry'
- This is commonly known as a 'White Card'.
- We must sight (and take a copy of) your original White Card or Statement of Attainment for CPCCOHS1001A
- on the day of training and a form of photo identification.
- If you do not bring this to your day of training, you will not receive your certification.
- NOTE: If your White Card was issued prior to 11 May 2009, we cannot recognise this as a valid prerequisite as it does not prove that you were assessed against the CPCCOHS1001A unit of competency.
- All participants must be over 18 years old.
Equipment and training material
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
- All training is conducted by experienced industry experts
Phone Us On 03 95874966
Course Code: CPCCBC4051A
Course Duration: 1 day
Course Location: Melbourne
Dates: Weekly Enrolments taken
Phone Us On 03 95909666